Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fisrt Semester Portfolio- My piece i would like to revise

The genre of my story is a free write. It’s about a teenager that lives their whole life in sin, and would like to learn how to be a good kid. They do not know how to become a good kid so the wonder how and why. They ask someone and they know the answer to their problem. I got my idea by sitting in math class, my homework all done, and didn’t know what to do. I thought of writing a poem about my old life, and how I worked my way through hard times, by going to church and having god and friends help me along the way. I would revise my poem, by rephrasing some parts, replacing commas and other punctuation, and probably fix my spelling.

“Stuck in Black and White”

Your eyes, I do not own
Your mind, I do not control
Your ears are not to hear, there to listen
Your body is black, full of sin!

You sit upon me
Wondering why,
Why must you be black,
Or why must you be black?

I say show me the way
The light, the grand entrance.
But you can’t, you wonder, where is the light
You don’t know what the light is.

You’re caught up in sin,
You do not realize there’s a light,
It’s golden, like your eyes!
It's warm. like your hugs!

Give up the life you live now,
Live with me, I’ll take you into my home.
You wonder where?
The light is my home!

You wonder, am I good enough?
Child, yes you are good enough!
You are my child; you have always been good enough!
You will never be less than what I think!

I am not your Child,
You are not my father!
You haven’t raised me,
You have not been there for me!

Where were you when I cried?
Child, I was holding you in my arms,
You were crying I helped.
I was here all along!

You just have never believed!
I will save you from the sin now,
Just ask me, I will save you!
Just pray to me!

Father, I want to be saved,
I want to be loved,
I want to live with you!
I want to be white and full of you hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment